"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale
The objectives of the LVEPC are:
- To promote the welfare of children in our community.
- To bring a closer relationship between the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To serve as a forum for informed discussion and exchange of ideas.
- To assist the Board of Education in establishing for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and character education.
- To foster a closer relationship between the home and school so that parents and teachers can cooperate intelligently in the education of our children.
- To assist the Board of Education in establishing, for all children, a solid foundation for future learning leading to lifelong success.
Some of the great things we have accomplished are:
- Addition of Epson Bright Link interactive whiteboards and software to 25 classrooms in grades K-5.
- Principal's Book of the Month, each classroom in grades K-5 receive a book selected and read by the principal.
- New arts programs spanning the next three years, including interactive sessions with professional artists, musicians, and visits to theatrical shows.
- AMP's new fun hoops.
- The purchase of Google Chromebooks complete with storage/charging carts for grades 2-5.
- Extension of the arts program for an additional 3 years including interactive sessions with professional artists, musicians and visits to theatrical shows.
- New equipment for the LVI science lab as well as lab equipment for AMP.
- Indoor recess carts for both AMP & LVI.
Without our volunteers, all of the wonderful things listed on this page would not be possible...thank you.
If you would like to contribute to enhancing our kids education experience please Venmo @LVEPC or send a check payable to LVEPC mailed to AMP, Attn: LVEPC Treasurer, 100 Ryefield Rd., Locust Valley, NY 11560.
Email: [email protected]